Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dear Abby on E-Cigarettes

DearAbbyphotoFrom today’s Dear Abby column:


Dear Abby: I work in a small office with two former heavy smokers who have now transitioned to vapor/e-cigarettes. My concern is that they “smoke” their e-cigarettes in the office constantly, and I don’t know what chemicals I am now breathing secondhand.


Both of them are senior to me in rank and age, and they pooh-pooh the notion that anything but water vapor is being exhaled. Am I making something out of nothing, or should I be worried about this? —CLEAN AIR


DEAR CLEAN AIR: You don’t have anything to worry about, but your co-workers may. In 2009, the FDA announced the findings from a laboratory analysis that indicated that electronic cigarettes expose users to harmful chemical ingredients, including carcinogens. However, those elements were NOT detected in exhaled vapor.


Vapor-emitting smokes no danger to others – Chicago Sun-Times



Dear Abby on E-Cigarettes

3 comments:

  1. findings from a laboratory analysis that indicated that electronic cigarettes expose users to harmful chemical ingredients, including carcinogens. However, those elements were NOT detected in exhaled vapor. the best ecig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. Vape NZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource... ugo-v ii

    ReplyDelete