Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Royal We

A few people have asked why “we” is used so often in our articles here.  They see one name on the articles, and I’m sure more than one person suspects a serious Queen Victoria complex going on over here.


We are not amused by such comments.  Sorry, that was a Queen Victoria joke…  and we’ll file away for future reference that Queen Victoria jokes just aren’t that funny.


Anyway, there really is a “we” over here.  Readers here already know me pretty well as the staggeringly intelligent and handsome guy who posts articles like this in the middle of the night, no doubt amped up on nicotine from trying out different PVs, atomizers and juices all day. However, I’m just one member of the team.


Totally Based on Us

Totally Based on Us


The other half of the team is my beautiful and talented (and no doubt far more staggeringly intelligent than I) fiancee, RaeAnn — which reminds me, she really needs a nickname for this place. And an avatar. And I really want her to write up a review or two of the stuff she uses… especially the stuff she hates, because she’s just adorable when she’s ripping something apart.  She feeds me ideas, proofreads my articles (well, some of them — generally you can spot the ones she’s looked at by the way they’re not as riddled with typos as the rest of them), shares opinions, and keeps me from starving. Odds are good that before I finish typing this, she’ll be the one to tell me to quit for the night and go to bed, no doubt referring to me with a creative selection of choice profanities.


While she doesn’t have much of a public face here, she’s a very important part of this place, and the reason you’ll often refer to the Vape Squad as a team, rather than just the one guy you already know about. So, there really is a “we,” and I’m not just saying that because of some deep-seated multiple personality disorder.  Not that I don’t have one, but that’s not why I use the word so often.



The Royal We

No comments:

Post a Comment